Guidelines (for Students) for Contacting me
I Should Supervise You (e.g., PhD Studies, MSc Projects, UG Projects)
Please contact me at least 4 weeks (MSc and UG projects: 2 weeks) before applying using the official system of the university. This allows us to discuss (and maybe adapt) project proposal. In your email (cover letter), please provide a short explanation why you want to be supervised by me, e.g.,
- For topics proposed by me: provide a brief explanation why you are interested in my proposal and what prior-knowledge of the area you have.
- For topics proposed by you: provide a brief explanation why I am the right person to supervise you, i.e., how does your proposal fit in my research (and where is my expertise beneficial).
I also strongly recommend to have a look on my publications
, as well as the website of my team: The Software Assurance & Security Research Team.
This should give you a good idea of the type of research I am intersted in.
I am happy to provide recommendation letters and/or serve as a reference for students who have taken advanced courses from me or worked with me (e.g., I supervised their PhD Thesis or their Msc or UG project). In order to write a thorough letter I need the following:
- A list of your courses and grades.
- Resume if you have one.
- Copy of your "statement of purpose" or other supporting documents.
- The forms I need to fill out, if there are any.
- At least several weeks time.